Powder coating plants
Fire protection system to protect automatic / manual electrostatic powder coating systems
Electrostatic powder coating means handling flammable and explosive powder-air mixtures. The existing risks must be recognised and should be taken into account already at the stage of plant design.
The main risks include the fire hazard inside the booth, the fire hazard in the open filters and the explosion hazard in the separators (cyclone + filter) due to burning powder particles which are sucked out of the booth through the piping.
For example, when cleaning the filter elements, the whirled up powder can be ignited by burning powder particles. This could lead to the filter bursting and pose a considerable danger to persons and plant.
- Automatic powder coating lines
- Manual powder coating plants with closed powder recovery systems
Our specialists work out the right solution for you and accompany every step from planning to commissioning, possible expansions, if desired also up to recycling.
The advantages of the EPS + LSMK control system are not only the space-saving design and the touch panel operating unit with event memory for STS fire protection systems. Furthermore, additional protective functions and the modular design have been further developed in cooperation with the TÜV.
This results in the main performance features:
- Touch display with event memory
- UPS with lightning protection class 2 + 3 VDE 0100-443;-534
- Over- and undervoltage protection of the 24V DC system
- EMV improvements in accordance with the latest requirements
- TÜV certificate
- PL d Fire detection system for automatic detection, forwarding and signalling
- Safety contacts 2-channel for fire detection and operational readiness
- Individual customer extensions possible
- Data backup via USB stick
- Access via WWW via VPN
- Meets the current safety standards according to the applicable standards EN 16985:2018; EN 50177/A1:2013-01; EN ISO 13849-2:2012; EN ISO 13849-1:2015